Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Other (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bank of Snafu (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4296)

snafu November 15th, 2011 05:04 PM

Re: Bank of Snafu

Its been a month - ex hasn't paid. I haven't said anything & the one time that DH said something I told him I wasn't involved - he needed to talk to ex himself :cool:.

snafu November 16th, 2011 01:35 PM

:rofl::rolleyes: oh - the irony :p:rolleyes: the candy came in today (after I posted an update yesterday)

snafu November 18th, 2011 03:02 PM

:o:rolleyes:

Turns out DS had the $ from ex - he got it from his dad 2 weeks ago; but neglected/forgot to take it out of his bag ... until last night, when he was packing to go back to his dad's :rolleyes:

KayKay November 18th, 2011 04:01 PM

:rofl:

Whoops!

mum of three November 19th, 2011 12:42 AM

That is just so like kids :D

Glad your DH got his money back

snafu November 28th, 2011 06:42 PM

spine of steel or beyond "witch"

:(:(:(

ex discovered tonight the "Bank of Snafu" is closed - and I feel/felt like a heel.

DS didn't have school today - long turkey day weekend/ex's holiday

we met tonight & after DS switched all his stuff from his dad's car to mine, ex asked if he could borrow $20 for gas - he'd paid all his bills today & his debit card wouldn't allow anything above his limit - I told him I didn't have the cash (had to repeate myself a few times) - then I left.

I left ex an hour away from the town he lives in - he had to contact someone else to help him out.

DS & I talked about it on the way home .... about the fact that, in the past, when I'd loaned his dad money for school pictures, covered the restaraunt bill, etc... I had to keep asking his dad for the $ and it made me feel bad/I'd get sick to my stomic. I was trying to do what was best for me, rather than making other people happy and myself miserible. I told DS that I felt bad right now, but I don't know how I'll feel about it a month from now.

LucyVanPelt November 29th, 2011 04:11 AM

It's a shame that your DS had to be privy to that conversation. :(

On the bright side, saying no gets easier.

snafu November 29th, 2011 04:23 AM

Lucy - ITA, but when ex asked DS heard :( and suggested that I give/loan his dad my gas money - DH & I keep "gas cash" on us (there's a gas station that gives a discount for cash :))

I think he should have asked to talk to me privately, not if front of DS. I know it had to be hard for him to ask - and I feel bad for him, but I didn't want to stress myself anymore...

Mrs X November 29th, 2011 09:45 AM

I suspect ex knew/sensed the Bank of Snafu is closing, and deliberately asked in front of your boy so that you would be more likely to say yes. :( - Glad you had the opportunity to talk to your DS about it though.

snafu November 30th, 2011 07:13 PM

:rolleyes::rofl::rolleyes:

Ya'll are gona love what I discovered last night... I'm laughing about it :cool:

DS got a new fund raiser before Thanksgiving & took it with him to his dad's (any guesses where this is going...:p:rolleyes:)

Anyway- ex's "friend" has ordered something... but there's no $$/check - according to DS his dad said he'd pay for it, but didn't send a payment :rolleyes:. I'm not dealing with it :cool:.