Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Weight Loss/Exercise (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   low impact exercise (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7330)

snafu July 7th, 2015 11:14 AM

low impact exercise

I've started swimming for exercise - I'm improving each week (more laps and/or more difficult strokes .... I started just doing the breath stroke)

I plan to start Pilates next week

The swimming is for all around strength/muscle tone, Pilates is for core strength

Catwoman July 7th, 2015 02:34 PM

Re: low impact exercise

That's great Snafu, I have just bought a couple of 80s rebounders lol, one for my son to have outside in the garage with his home gym and one for me. I figured it might be good to bounce even while watching TV and its not as bad as regular running.....going to start this week...:)

Knot2loud July 8th, 2015 06:20 AM

Swimming is great exercise! Go girl!

Catwoman July 15th, 2015 12:44 AM

I started some exercize on my rebounder I bought, its actually quite good doing it to music, or watching TV etc, I found some 5kg hand weights so I use them too. I hate running but this is quite good. They reckon 15- 20 mins a day of moderate bouncing aids in weight loss and draining of the lymphatic system, and helping to detox us, also helps with getting rid of cellulite. I was also reading it is good for regaining bone density, as Nasa uses this method for astronauts lol,and is good for increasing red blood cells which aid our our immune system....quite interesting....so going to give it a go..:)

snafu July 18th, 2015 04:36 PM

??? what's a rebounder ???

:( Due to injuring my foot I've not been swimming

KayKay July 18th, 2015 04:49 PM

What did you do to your foot, snafu?

Catwoman July 18th, 2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snafu (Post 76696)
??? what's a rebounder ???

Its a mini size trampoline...:)

snafu July 19th, 2015 11:04 AM

uh... I ran into the door frame (that's what I get for looking behind me while walking very fast). I've had x-rays and nothing shows as broken, I spent a week with my foot propped up as when its down too long it hurts.

It was the color of a black eye (& do I mean black), then gradually faded to that greenish blue yellowish tinge of nasty fading bruises. I still can't put my shoes on as they rub my pinky toe. (when this happened DH treated me like a princess ...)

snafu July 30th, 2015 08:10 PM

I go back to work next week & I plan to restart swimming then.

(my foot pain has decreased quite a bit)

snafu January 3rd, 2016 05:51 PM

cough, cough, ahem ....

never did get back to swimming - but I start exercise classes tomorrow!!!