Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Grandparents & Grandchildren (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Birthday cards/presents (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=8267)

Marthasimmonds54 October 25th, 2017 11:01 PM

Birthday cards/presents

Hi everyone. I'm looking for thoughts and advice on birthday cards and presents for my family.

I have so many family members I struggle to keep up with all their birthdays.

What are your ideas on how to send birthday cards to them all and maybe a little present?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Matha

KayKay October 26th, 2017 12:24 AM

Re: Birthday cards/presents

Welcome Matha! (Martha?)

Make (or buy) a calendar. Write all of the birthdays that you want to acknowledge on it. Keep a stock of birthday cards on hand. Check your calendar regularly, and as birthdays approach, write out the card. Mail it on whatever day you need to for it to arrive in time.

If you want to send a present, keep a supply of gift cards or cash on hand. Everyone loves cash, and if you are sending out cards to a huge number of people, no one will expect you to buy that many gifts.

Do all of these family members remember your birthday? Maybe you can stop sending to the extended family members.

Marthasimmonds54 October 26th, 2017 01:31 AM

Yes I actually do write their birthdays on my calendar, but sometimes I get too busy with my daily routine I forget to check my calendar and all.

Also, I dont like to send cash becasue it has got stolen before, This time I wanted something different that is also affordable. (Not to mention they're all far from me:( )

Lastly, I'm thankful though that most of my family members remember my birthday.

I really appreciate your responds Kaykay.

snafu October 27th, 2017 07:26 PM

Where are you?

Here in the States I've been sending $2 bills

Marthasimmonds54 October 31st, 2017 10:49 PM

Thanks Kaykay and Snafu!I'm trying to get all options regarding sending real cards and presents for my family. Anyone can add more? Do you know any other website that has less than $10 price for the gifts/cards though? instead of sending them cash also?

Annsdil October 31st, 2017 11:32 PM

I'd Google it. Links to websites are not allowed here.

KayKay October 31st, 2017 11:33 PM

I hope no one comes on and suggests one, because that would be advertising which would be against the forum rules and then I'd have to start banning people. :(

Marthasimmonds54 November 1st, 2017 02:02 AM

oh, not even the name of the website? not the link though...:(

I tried googling some but they are all similar, I want something that can WOW my family members... something different I guess?

LucyVanPelt November 1st, 2017 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthasimmonds54 (Post 85073)
oh, not even the name of the website?

No, not even the website.

If you want to send gifts less than $10 to everyone in your family, I suggest you get discount movie tickets from your local township. You can also order bulk discounts online from theaters.

KayKay November 1st, 2017 02:04 PM

If you have that many people for whom you want to buy gifts, why don't you ask some of them? I'm sure they'd have good ideas and would know what kind of thing they like.