Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Grandparents & Grandchildren (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Grandkids... (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=6168)

Knot2loud June 18th, 2015 05:11 AM

Re: The Grandkids...

Had to make a schedule for the use of my iphone. Now the youngest wants to play on it. No biggie... I only let them use it three days a week (M/W/F) and that's only until mom or dad pick them up.

LucyVanPelt June 18th, 2015 06:22 AM

What games do you have? Some of them are pretty educational. :)

Mrs X June 18th, 2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knot2loud (Post 76356)
Had to make a schedule for the use of my iphone. Now the youngest wants to play on it. No biggie... I only let them use it three days a week (M/W/F) and that's only until mom or dad pick them up.

Lol, 1st world problem!! :D

Knot2loud June 19th, 2015 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt (Post 76357)
What games do you have? Some of them are pretty educational. :)

Real "old fashion" games (before the invent of 'mind numbing' computer/down loadable cell phone games like Mine Craft and Shoot the Zombie) or Parcheesi, Yatzee and Mouse Trap?

I downloaded toddler puzzle games for the little one. The boys... They're stuck on Mine Craft.

Knot2loud June 30th, 2015 05:58 AM

Swim lessons began yesterday... The 3yr old had a blast! This will probably be the last year for the 8 (GD) and 9 yr old (GS) as they are in the top level now. My other GS finished two years ago (I think it's been two years???). They grow up way to fast.

My wife will be watching four of them for the entire month of July. Poor lady. LOL!

Knot2loud July 10th, 2015 08:41 AM

Swim lessons are over. One didn't pass to the next level - he was pretty sad about that. His sister and he were in the same level and group. He didn't seem to be embarrassed - just felt down about it. His sister gave him some encouraging words. She'll move on to Level 6. The youngest... Well... She's a fish. I was surprised myself... She was jumping in the pool and swimming under water. The instructor was hard pressed to keep her with the rest of the kids.

Knot2loud September 30th, 2015 05:07 AM

My 3 year old GDau got jealous of me playing a game of Stratego with her 9 year old brother. So what did she do?

She poked him in the eye with her finger.

Gheesh...

How do you say... "Time Out."

She didn't apologize either.

Knot2loud October 6th, 2015 10:01 AM

Sunday evenings we usually let the GKids (both boys) come over and watch Sunday Night Football. Which usually amounts to them eating pizza and playing games on the laptop and cell iphone. This past Sunday was a bit unique. Both my wife and I didn't think about it because we didn't care for either team that was playing so we didn't bother about it. At about 6:30pm we get a phone call from the older GSon. It went kind of like this...

GSon: "GPa, it's Sunday evening. Can we come over and watch football?"
Me: "There's no one you'd be interest in watching is there?"
GSon: "Well, yes. I like the Cowboys."
Me: Gma is nodding that it's okay. "Sure. Did you eat yet?"
GSon: "No. I thought we could have pizza."
Me: "Sure."
GSon: "(GDau) wants to talk to GMa."

Handing the phone to GMa and telling her our GDau wants to talk to her.

GMa: :Hello?"
GDau: "GMa... Can I come over with Bro1 and Bro2?"
GMa: "Sure you can, but we're going to watch Football."
GDau: "GMa... Can I stay the night?"
GMa: "No, not tonight. You'll have to go back home at 9."
GDau: "GMa, I won't watch football if I can stay the night. Okay?"

Too cute! She went home with her brothers at halftime. She had a blast though. Loved the volunteer pizza thing too.

KayKay October 6th, 2015 10:14 AM

Your grandkids treasure these memories in the making as much as you do. That is so sweet. :)

LucyVanPelt October 6th, 2015 11:59 AM

Love the stories!