View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2018, 11:57 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Here we go again with the step mother to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post
The reason he should be embarrassed to sign it is because it could never be enforced, and I know him well enough to know he is smart enough to know that.
I totally get that it can never be enforced, and that it's ridiculous. I'm just not sure I'd say that he should be "embarrassed" to sign it. I mean, even though the chance of winning is practically nil, I'm not embarrassed that I buy lottery tickets. Your DS had some reason for signing it that you don't know.

Did your DD send you the document? Have you actually seen it? I keep stumbling over the fact that it ignores the biological mother.

But I'm with Lucy. Drop the rope. You don't have to be in a power struggle with the DIL. You won't lose access to your grandkids because they want to see you, you still have a good relationship with your xDIL and frankly, your DS will always rely on you no matter what your DIL does.