View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Acquaintances you'd rather not be friends with

Wow grubby! So it's NOT just me?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post
"I'm a single mom, you have no idea how hard it is. You at least have a husband to help."
OMG... those were the exact words that came out of her mouth two weeks ago when she backed out on helping me!

I held it in (she's like a hornet's nest - you just leave it be or else you'll get stung) but I was really ticked. She doesn't know WHO she's TALKING to, kwim?

My DH works 80 hours per week minimum and is NOT able to be much help. (Not a slam on my DH... we are on the same page with this.) He was out of town the week I was in need of her help. I do realize that my life is a lot easier than hers, and I do realize that at least I have emotional and financial support, but the "single mom" card doesn't play with me. Yeah, I HAVE a DH. But his patients have to come first. I can't rely on him to do ANYTHING to help, because he can't commit to leaving the hospital at a certain time... who knows WHAT is going to walk into the ER, ya' know? And she'd be the FIRST person to slam my DH if he put his family ahead of her (if she was his patient, which, thank goodness she's not).