View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2019, 01:24 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thinking about dropping my bff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeMomOf3 View Post
I think I would like to let go. I feel no ill-will, I love her, I wish her well and I miss the friendship that we once shared. But I think thatís it, there is no sharing anymore, just imbalanced effort and negativity. As a Christian I struggle with feeling selfish about this, but I have stood by her for many, many years. As a recovering co-dependant, I feel like I should do more and try to repair. As a middle-aged, weary human being, I just want a friend that has a basic level of reciprocating some care, interest and effort. Help.
You are free to just let the relationship drift. You are not obligated to maintain it.

You can leave the Christian guilt go, too. Scripture records many instances when Jesus let people go on their way. He didn't insist on being friends with anyone who wasn't interested in being a friend to him. Look at his advice to Judas, the Rich Young Man, the disciples who went to towns that rejected them, let the crowds leave when his teaching became too hard...