View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2015, 12:30 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Impossible MOTHER - PLEASE HELP

I really don't have a clue.

The only thing I can think of, which doesn't sound very supportive to you but is intended to be, is to apologize to your mother for your outburst, because as you say it made you no better than her in that moment. I'm not saying to open the door for future contact but I do think it was wrong of you to call her a name and tap her on the cheek. I think you know that, which is why you have talked to your son about it (which is good parenting, IMO).

She drives you insane. You definitely need to take a break from her. However, just IMO, I think you are feeling horrible for what you did even though you meant what you said and she deserved it. The reason? You are better than that. Don't apologize for her sake. Apologize for your sake and your son's sake. And only apologize for what you truly do feel bad about, which is the strong reaction.

I hope maybe some time and distance will help you figure out what to do. I really don't have a clue.

Something tells me that you and your mother just have never communicated well. She seems comfortable saying things to you that she would never say to anyone else. I wonder why? But then, in retrospect, she acted like that towards you in front a group of her friends. That's odd too.