View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2015, 07:36 AM

jdaron357 is on a distinguished road
Re: Impossible MOTHER - PLEASE HELP

Thank you all SO much for your replies. Really, they are all wonderful and absolutely correct. As I reread what I wrote, I noticed some typos but clearly everyone knew what I meant lol. What I did was wrong. And I will apologize to her for my reaction to her. But I need to figure out what I'm going to say with this apology so that the boundaries moving forward are clearly set. I am at my wits end with her. I have tried so many ways to better my relationship with her but obviously they aren't working and I need to consult outside help. I think that LucyVanPelt hit the nail on the head when she said that my mom doesn't respect me or see my family as my own but as an extension of hers, therefore her being the one that should have all of the control. She is excellent at playing the victim. I'll never understand why she acts this way. My grandparents were amazing people who raised her and her sister to be loved, respectful, and educated adults. The fact that she saves her attitude for me and not my brother is infuriating to me, only because he never gets to see this side of her and I feel like no one believes me (except for my husband). I will definitely be using this forum! You guys are amazing and responded so fast and so caring! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.