View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:21 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What does your teen pay for?

That's okay KK... Lots of parents pay for everything. To me it depends on the kid, what they're doing, can they dedicate the time for a job...

My oldest wanted more than I could give her so she was forced to work. That was actually a blessing because we actually worked together. I had a part time job as a banquet coordinator and she asked me if she could apply where I worked. I told her yes... She went there the next day, filled out an application for a waitress position and the Manager hired her. I didn't even realize it and the manager didn't put two and two together with the last name. Anyway, it was fun working with her. Anyway... I'm rambling as usual...

Cell phones... I would probably pay since they have family plans. Then again, to add an extra phone is usually a small fee so the teen could possibly afford it.

Auto Insurance... Other than me having a bone to pick over any and all insurance rates (they didn't become milti-trillion dollar businesses for nothing - then tack on the 2008 housing crash -- Then they call themselves "The Best and the Brightest." Yeah... Right... Insurance companies can kiss my... Foot... ).

If I could afford to pay auto insurance for my kid I probably would. One wreck and they get the ticket... that's it. No mas!

Gas was usually their problem. So I say anyway... It's been awhile... a couple of decades. I think I paid for gas most of the time.

I think the bottom line is if you can afford it... Go ahead. If it puts a strain on your budget, then there's nothing wrong with the kids providing those things for themselves. I know where you're coming from... You would like to do it, but it's really hard to afford to. Try not to feel guilty if you can't. That's the way life is...