View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2017, 01:18 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visiting my boyfriend (soon to be married) abroad but his parents are coming too!

Wow. That really stinks and I can see why you'd be upset about it. I'm not sure what you can do about it though.

Is there any way to discuss it with your boyfriend without it being complaining? Like ask him if the two of you will have any time alone together, or if he wants you to try and reschedule. I'm not saying that the burden should be on you to reschedule, but your future in-laws don't really have the motivation to change their plans. It seems as though they're fine with the plans as they are. Is your boyfriend fine with the plans as they are?

I think the part that stands out to me is where you say "completely disregarding me." You mean they plan to eat breakfast and dinner and attend Mass with their son and you aren't invited? I hope I'm misunderstanding that, because if their son hasn't said "Uh, that won't work" that's not good.