View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2017, 06:17 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can teenagers be good parents?

Everyone's situation and enviroment are different.

One pregnant teen may have a supportive family and the other not. Finances don't actually matter in this respect.

What did the teen plan to do with their life? Is the teen mature enough to take on the responsibility or willing to take on the responsibility.

I have three kids. The environment they have all grown up in is the same. But they are each very different and whilst one may take on the responsibility and work hard to do well by their own child another may not. I don't know if this is the case yet as they are too young to measure such things by but the decision for one child may well not be the same for another child.

Whilst as the potential grandma I would do my best to ensure the child is raised within the family if my child was adamant they did not want the baby I may have to respect their wishes.

Is this a dilemma you or someone you know are facing now?
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara