View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2017, 04:00 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can teenagers be good parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina Nowicka View Post
In your culture adoption is more common than in mine, besides I like gathering opinions of ordinary people.
This is the second thread you have posted about this topic - single parent versus adoption - because American culture is different from yours. It is curious. Incidentally, we have posters from all over the world.

Karolina, I am Catholic and happen to be lucky enough to have fortunate circumstances where I could easily support a child. So in my case, abortion is out of the question. I am married and already have two young adult kids, but would raise the child as a single parent if I had to. If one of my kids were to become a parent, I would help them, financially and otherwise, raise the child because I can.

What do you think American culture is like? You have said more than once that adoption is common here. In reality, only about 1% of babies in the U.S. are put up for adoption. Many of the adoptions that occur (I think roughly 3% of all children are adopted) are adoptions by a stepparent who is married to one of the child's bio parents. I'm not sure why you consider this "common?"