View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: grandson not eating well

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysgrammy6 View Post
So do you let him eat chicken nuggets and hot dogs every night?
I did, absolutely. That's just me though. I didn't want food to be a battleground. I knew he wasn't just being willful. He actually had issues.

Now, to qualify, I'd look for the healthiest chicken nuggets and hot dogs out there. It took a while, but I weened my son off of chicken nuggets and on to chicken fingers (white meat, somewhat healthier), and then on to breaded and baked chicken tenders that I made at home. He eventually grew to like plain baked chicken tenders and now his favorite dish is baked chicken. LOL. My son never ate hot dogs, but if he had I'd have tried turkey dogs and veggie dogs. Taste wasn't the issue for him - it was all about texture.

If your daughter pays close attention to the texture thing, maybe she can find foods of similar texture to chicken nuggets and hot dogs that he will like.