View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2016, 01:49 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need another opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydeeTas View Post
It is only me who can change things and the only thing I can change is me. It would make life so much easier if I didn't care. I want to know how I can achieve that...
But you wouldn't want to not care. That's the Catch 22. You care about your partner. Caring about him necessarily means caring about his son. You aren't even being given that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydeeTas View Post
I don't want any "parenting rights" over his children as we parent very different. It will be an achievement just a spend a night in the same house.

I look forward to chatting to Snafu
Oh, JaydeeTas. You want parenting rights. If you don't have parenting rights, your partner's son (could he be considered your stepson?) will have free rein in your house. snafu is in a situation where she can't even discipline her stepdaughter's dog when it comes over (she now has a scar to prove it) . You need to be able to say "No" to things that aren't acceptable to you.