View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2017, 03:51 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daughter blames me for all her difficulties

I agree with everything KayKay said, except...

I would make therapy a requirement to remain at home. Her "job" right now would be to find herself a psychiatrist who can diagnose her and treat her. You could have "made" her go when she was under 18, but you didn't know she needed that. You can do it for her now.

P.S. It's not unusual for mental health issues to come to the surface when kids attend college. The stress and the change in environments makes the lack of coping skills apparent, or can bring out what was latent. Brains are growing very quickly at this time, and mental health challenges become more apparent-- there are many reasons why you might not have seen the signs when she was younger but she has them now.

This is a long road ahead of you. Make sure you take care of yourself, perhaps finding a support group or consulting with a therapist to help you manage this.

Good luck!