View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2016, 06:13 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: looking for recipes that uses the Sous-vide cooking method

Oh yeah... I was totally prepared to banish it to DH's garage (he has a lot of cooking equipment in cabinets out there). The actual unit doesn't take up much space though, so I let it stay inside. The containers that we use for the water are out in the garage.

It DOES make the meat tender, but almost to a fault, if that makes sense? I think that's why it worked so well for the pork chops - I typically cook the heck out of those (trichinosis) so sous vide got it up to temperature but didn't dry it out. The other stuff though... I can't explain it. It's not the same as, but it's sort of the textureless, or evenly consistent, feel in the mouth as a block of tofu or a stick of room temperature butter (because I know ALL of us have taken a bite of butter). I like for there to be just a *little* resistance when I bite in to something.

Just my take on it.