Thread: I need ideas!
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymouse View Post
If you want to help the kids do something that is really from them but is something you chip in on money or time wise that might be great. But let it be a gift from all of you and no denying its from all of you not just the kids. Does that make sense?
Um... no, not yet. Can you explain more?

I don't want to get my friend a M Day gift from me... I just want to facilitate her getting a gift/acknowledgment from her kids.

Her kids are 12, 11, and 9. They're at the age where ideally D takes them to get something, but this year D has other stuff to worry about. That's kind of why I thought maybe I could help. I don't think her kids would really have any ideas about what to give (she's really hard to buy for), so I was going to have suggestions for them.

The more I think about it, the more I think offering to take them to buy a card for her is the way to go. Maybe I ought to offer it to her DH, so he doesn't think that I think he's a jerk (I don't) and "assume" he's not helping his kids with this. For all I know, he might be! (He doesn't usually shower BF with gifts... that's why I don't think it's high on the priority scale for him)