View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 10:47 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: National School Walkout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
What did her teachers do? Did they go with the kids who walked out or stay in the classroom with the kids who stayed?
Some were in, some were out. There are rules about leaving kids unsupervised in classrooms which were supposed to be followed.

Quote:
(Although here a lot of the pro-life protests are after hours, because the abortion clinic has limited hours) I don't understand what you mean by it being based on the last school shooting? The shooting started later in the afternoon, close to dismissal.
We do 24 hours, but the most effective according to the organizer are during working hours. The date was based on the last school shooting; the timing chosen to be most effective. 17 minutes for the kids to come out, and then return to their classrooms, in honor of the 17 who will never return.

Quote:
Also, they're having the March for Our Lives, the event that this Walkout was intended to raise energy for, on a Saturday.
It's a series of demonstrations. There's another one planned for the anniversary of Columbine.

Quote:
What is the solution?

Middle-aged cynicism? Guilty as charged, I guess.
I don't know what the solution is, and I, personally, don't think there is a good one. There are better and worse options, but not a good one. That's why I'm cynical. There were many doubters about MLK's non-violent demonstrations, but they were wrong. I probably am, too. Let the kids try.