View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2007, 04:53 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
What would you do?

I have a good friend who, unfortunately, does not have the best grammar and spelling skills. Not that I do, but let's ignore that for now.

She is in a parent-volunteer position with my kids' school that sometimes requires that she send home flyers, notes, etc. Recently she sent one out that she showed me and asked "What do you think?" before she sent it. She showed it to me at a point when it would have been difficult for her to change things.

I read it for content, and it was fine... she said everything that needed to be said, and said it in a nice way, etc. which is what I think she was asking.

But... *shudder*... the spelling errors and the grammar... "threw" for "through", run-on-sentences, mixed tenses, misplaced commas all over, "We been" versus "We have been", etc.

I told her it was fine, and kept my mouth shut about the errors. Should I have done that?

The note was going home to other parents. It wasn't a formal document or anything that will be published. It wasn't all that important, either. It just made her come across as less intelligent than she is. I hate the thought of other people looking down on her when she is SO NICE and such a hard working volunteer.

What I don't know is how many other parents are as psycho as me about that kind of thing. I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to embarrass her for something that doesn't matter, and I don't know that it matters. Maybe I'm too big of a snob...

What would y'all do?