View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Another Disheartened DIL is on a distinguished road
Re: What would you do?

Since she asked for your input, I don't see a problem with discussing the errors. If she asked for your help and you "correct" the errors in a light hearted and gentle manner, I don't think she would have a problem with it. Instead of pointedly correcting each mistake, make a joke about how many “threws” and “their’s” there are and how it can be difficult to remember when to use each one. By taking a more “helpful” (caring) tone rather than a “teacher type” tone, I’d think she would actually be appreciative for your input.

The way I see it, either way she’d probably be embarrassed. If you pointed out the errors, she might be a little bit embarrassed in front of you. By not correcting it, she may be embarrassed by several other not so kind or tactful parents. While some people could care less (or not even notice) the mistakes, others are bothered by them and may or may not keep their mouth shut.