View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:00 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Friend problems.. and need advice!

Quote:
I don't know what to do. Everywhere I go, people I call my "best friends" just seem to stab me in the back. I'm getting kind of tired of it, and really need help.
Let's put this generality to rest, first. Is this really true or is it a dramatic exaggeration? It is okay if it's a dramatic exaggeration, but it's good for you to recognize it as such because this type of negative self-talk will affect your attitude eventually. If it is true, then you've been picking bad "best friends" and you'd be wise to re-evaluate the criteria you use to pick your best friends. I would advise you to stop talking smack about people. It's a good lesson to learn when you're young because it always comes back to bite you in the end, even if you're 92 in the nursing home!

Now, onto your best friend. I applaud you for going to your friend's mother. That was absolutely the right thing to do given your concerns. She may still be depressed and now her mother has information she may not have had before in order to keep an eye out for other symptoms.

You can't make your best friend better. You can't fix things if she doesn't want to talk. Be polite and friendly when you see her. Behave as if everything is "normal" when you have club responsibilities. Do what you have to do for the club and let her be responsible for herself.