Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:31 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Am I crazy or does my best friend actually hate me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandoned 1 View Post
I know I need I with on me. But I need to work on telling her no. I need to work on doing everything for her. I need to stop spoiling her. After venting, I know I have my own issues that aren't helping the situation....

I just wanted to know if there's a chance she's fallen out of caring about me. Does that make sense?

Oh, I see. Okay. I'm glad that you are aware that your issues aren't helping.

Do I think she has stopped caring about you? No. However, I do think she is mentally and emotionally moving on from you. She hasn't done it yet, but she is doing it.

And statements like "I take all of my emotions and moods out on the one person I am closest to, so sorry, that's you" are manipulative. They are no different from "I have no appetite and am full after 2 bites."

Imagine you live in a cold climate, and you find the absolute perfect winter jacket. You love that jacket, you can't imagine life without that jacket, you wear it everywhere. But as winter starts to fade and there are periods of warmth in the afternoon, the jacket starts being left in your car or slung over an arm. Not that you don't still love the jacket. You just don't need it. By summer, the jacket that you love so much is hanging in the closet and you don't think about it at all.

That's what I think is going on with your friend. It's not that she doesn't care about you. It's just that you aren't as necessary to her as you used to be.

Tags
best friend, bff, confused, hurt, love