Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
random acts of kindness

Have you ever experienced/witnessed/gave a random act of kindness?

Maybe each one one of us here could try to do at least one kind act each month - any takers?

I gave one today - to someone who looked like they were having a really bad start to the day.

I was in Bread Co & and a woman pulled into the lot. Smoke/steam was billowing out from under the hood of her car. I bought her a gift card to the Bread Co, went out & gave it to her (she was on her cell when I walked up) - I gave her the card, she was thankful - then went inside where it was warm.

It may not have been much, but at least she knew someone cared.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: random acts of kindness

That was nice. I have paid for the person in the fast food drive thru behind me before. It has been a long time though. I probably ought to do that again.

I like the idea of a monthly act of kindness. I'm in!
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I did this a week or so ago.

One of the teachers I work with has a very challenging class.

I got her a gift cert & left it on her desk (I've aslo told her what a good job she's done with one of her two most challenging kids) . Her face lit up.

She said she hadn't felt like there'd been any change .... and I told everything I'd noticed.

I also took bagels in to work last week.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM

MCstz is on a distinguished road

I was driving the other day and about to enter the highway, so obviously there was a toll to go through. There were two lanes, cash & EZ-Pass, I don't have EZ-Pass and obviously went to the cash lane. The car in front of me was just sitting there and I was very confused, but at this point there were cars behind me so I couldn't just back up. I got out of the car with change in hand and gave it to the distressed woman in front of me. She was so grateful. It was something little, but instead of just sitting in my car and honking (like people behind me were starting to do) I decided to do that little thing for someone else.
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
future crazy cat lady

the other day I was waiting in the drive thru line at the "Golden Arches" & saw that the car in front of me had the gas tank lid off

I walked up & told the driver

She "paid it back" and paid for my order
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

I like it! I loved that movie, "Pay it forward". I always leave extra pennies by the cashiers, and tell people when they're doing a good job.
I also drop off our magazines at the nursing home.
I'm in.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:29 PM
future crazy cat lady

bump

got DS & DH donuts from Krispy Kream
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:40 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Yum! I love Krispy Kreme. I have an hour's drive if I want them.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

if you move into my neighborhood you'd be 10-15 min way

HOT
FRESH
NOW

ummmmm, yummy

that sign gets me way too often
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Krispy Kreme didn't make it in our town. We have a local donut shop that they couldn't compete with. *yummm*