Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old April 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM

madcap73 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: friend?

Thank you all for your replies.

I understand what each of you is saying. It makes sense.

The past 2 years have been very confusing for me. I'm not going to make excuses for it. It's my fault.

What did I want out of my original relationship with this friend? I wanted a great friend that I could count on and talk to. I got that. But I fueled my fire too much. I know what you are all thinking. "What about your wife? Couldn't she be someone you talk to?" Yes, and I do talk to her. Without getting too deep into another subject, I will tell you that I want to talk to her more. Unfortunately, she is too busy with her career to hear me sometimes. Not always. Just sometimes. She knows I care deeply about my friend.

So, before the firestorm comes again. Let me tell you all that I will take your advice to heart. No more contact. I know I did wrong. I am sorry. I am human.

Thank you for all of your help and I hope I didn't upset all of you too much.
Madcap
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: friend?

Decent friends will tell you what isn't fun to hear.

Hope you'll participate in the other threads and feel free to update this one. Your input is valuable and what you are going through is not unusual. A lot of people could benefit by hearing how you handle this and what works for you.

My Best Wishes for you, Madcap. It took a lot of guts for you to post. I hope you got the feedback you needed.
Old April 29th, 2008, 12:50 PM

madcap73 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

Soooo.....I haven't talked to my "friend" in a while and I'm kinda lonely. All ya'all told me to quit "Cold Turkey". (Wife is at currently busy with work.)

Does anyone want to talk?

Madcap
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

Hey, madcap. What's on your mind? Feel free to start a new thread in the other forums. A good one might be the recession. Warren Buffet had some interesting comments about it. Or that crazy guy who locked his daughter in the basement for 24 years. Iran is trying to keep Barbie out of their stores. Just pick a topic and start a new post. Keep your mind busy.
Old April 29th, 2008, 07:04 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

My friend who was struggling with a chatting problem bought an ipod when they finally got wise and quit chatting cold turkey.

Buttons to poke, music to collect, mind to occupy. It helped a bit. They counseling advice they got was to have a look at all the interests they had dropped and start to reintigrate (sorry, spelling) those back into their life.

1dils suggestions are good. Starting a thread about anything your interested in as a hobby, sport, work (Doesn't have to be about the job you have- could be about one you've always found interesting and would like to pick someones brain about. Or one you wouldn't want-Have you ever seen that show 'Dirty Jobs'. I learned the word hemi-peen on it the other day.)

Pick a topic, start a thread. Hey, start a few. There is nothing more interesting on a forum than multiple busy topics.