Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old August 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM

HarmlessMsChiff is on a distinguished road
Re: Stretchmarks: Pls help...

Quick tip (for stretchmarks - lol)... I stayed with my sister last weekend and she uses this stuff called Bio oil (she said she bought it at Walgreens but Rite Aid also has it) and it works on stretch marks! You have to use it 3 months straight but she said it really works...

It works on dark spots (skin discoloration) and scar/damage too.

Thought I'd share.. I don't personally have any knowledge about it but she said it's great stuff and only costs about 10 dollars.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe y'all don't need me in this thread, but... My wife had two kids and she has no stretch marks.

She used an old product called "Mother's Friend." It was a lotion and I () would rub it on her belly and sides every evening. She also used "Udderly Smooth."

Whether those actually helped or not - I have no idea. But she would get a massage out of it and I would sometimes get lucky.
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM

clarencebale is on a distinguished road

My wife use "Belly Butter" you can purchase it in any drugstore near you, why wife's stretch marks doesn't look like others. Pretty good
Old December 10th, 2011, 05:08 AM

ruwan is on a distinguished road

Stay hydrated! Rub a moisturizing oil onto your skin while it's still damp... everyday when you get out of the shower. And, most importantly, DON'T SCRATCH! (And remember not to scratch your tummy after delivery either... you can still get stretch marks after your baby is born for the first few weeks)
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:16 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCKIeThoRe View Post
I have to say I think it's all down to the elasticity of your skin. Unfortunately, some people get stretch marks and some people don't and having tried creams myself I don't think there is anything to prevent them, if you're going to get them.
I agree with this.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
Hi and congratulations!

I have to say I think it's all down to the elasticity of your skin. Unfortunately, some people get stretch marks and some people don't and having tried creams myself I don't think there is anything to prevent them, if you're going to get them.

Creams (like Lynnie said ask your Dr for advice) can be good however for easing the itching that sometimes accompany stretchmarks.

Stretchmarks shouldn't necessarily be thought of as a bad thing. Afterall, they are part of you - as a mother, helped made by baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCKIeThoRe View Post

More duplicate spam from this twit.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:36 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

The cheek!

Story of my life, I impart my wisdom and someone else takes the credit! Hmmpf!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara

Last edited by Annsdil; December 22nd, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Every thread they've posted on.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM

gardenofjade is on a distinguished road

Celebrate your stretch marks, you earned them. And it is a natural part of pregnancy. Don't worry, there are more important things to worry about once the bambino arrives.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM

tp12 is on a distinguished road

For those reading posts up to this one, here is what works (tested by friends), olive oil. It will make your skin very elastic, and this helps reduce the strech marks, and posibbly not have them at all (as in use this beforeee not once you have stretch marks and want them to go away, then its too late for olive oil to do it's magic). So, this is something you should stary thinking about right away, not in your 9th month of pregnancy, your skin needs time to become elastic, try blowing a bubble after just popping gum into your mouth...not gonna work (you need to chew it for a few min first), thus, start early on so when the time comes, your skin can thank you for being ready for the baby to stretch it
Good luck!!