Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old September 30th, 2012, 05:17 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Stress of TTC?

I have just heard the happiest news ever!

I have a friend who was told many years ago that she would never be able to have children. That did not bother her because she had never thought she would marry. Then, about 5 years ago, on her 40th birthday, she got married.

She and her DH, who is almost 10 years older, were TTC. She sought treatments for it and the doctors told her it was hopeless. Then they looked into adoption, but their combined age was too high to adopt in this country and she could not afford an international adoption.

I just heard that she is 5 months pregnant! She had no idea and thought she was having other issues. Her doctors say they still don't know how it was possible.

Woo-hoo! She's sure the stress of TTC interfered with conception. I've heard that repeated many times. ANyone else have stories to share?

I'm just overjoyed and I'd love to hear more of this happy news!
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stress of TTC?

Congrats to your friend, Lucy!

One of my friends and her DH were TTC for years and years. They finally gave up and started the process of adoption. They were approved and adopted a baby boy when she realized... hmm... She gave birth to a baby girl several months later. They were overjoyed. Many years later they had a surprise bonus.
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

That's a heartwarming story Lucy, very best wishes to your friend! A lady i knew got married when she was quite young, and they quickly discovered they weren't able to conceive. They adopted a girl and later a boy, who both grew up happily. This lady got sick when she was about 42, and required a fairly intensive course of antibiotics. She was still feeling pretty sick on and off sometime later and found she was pregnant. - Apparently they thought the antibiotics stimulated ovulation in her case. (Baby must be about 30yo now).
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations to your friend!

I am a strong believer that trying too hard can impede conception. I think if you're too stressed your body rejects any potential.

I've known a few cases where after so much heartache and stress, couples have given up, only to find it's then happened. I think once they come to that acceptance, their body relaxes then accomodates!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:01 PM

baloobayou22 is on a distinguished road

Wow, congratulations to her! That is awesome news!

I feel that with school and work, the forthcoming generations will accept (if they have not arleady) to have children around mid 30s to 40s and that these age ranges will be a common for family planning.

One of my best friends was born when his mother was around 46. His mother thought that he was going to have Down Syndrome, but he turned out healthy. He's sooo smart and handsome!