Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Announcements and Suggestions

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:56 PM

BigSister2012 is on a distinguished road
Re: I know y'all are smarter than this

Never gotten emails like this but as my dad was a cop and my fiancee is i have been educated on this stuff lol.
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM

Gambit is on a distinguished road

Lately spammers have been making sure to put noticeable spelling errors, and other obvious mistakes.

Apparently they get much fewer clicks that way, but the ones that do click are the most gullible and newb people out there and most likely to complete any transaction after the click.

The scammers DON'T want you clicking the link, its just more work for them when you don't follow thorough with the scam.
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:09 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Its still happening

I got an email (?) the other day from Aisha Gadaffi!
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:04 AM

tp12 is on a distinguished road

Man are you guys lucky to get e-mails like that!!! Listen to what they did to me: so I have a business, I coach kids, some guys for months kept in touch with me and we basically had everything set. They were comming from Europe to train in Canada, 6 girls and 6 boys. Location/times/hours/price/everythinggg was set. An get this I get a check in the mail for 25,000$ where he should have only sent me a lil over 5,000$, so I e-mail him asking what the heck was going on and he comes up with "our sponsor must have sent you the whole ammount, you will need to send a ppart of it back to mu so I can pay the translator/airfare for the kids........bla bla bla" haha at that point I basically got it. Anyway I go into the bank to get the cheque certified (this means to make it count like real money, bank checks if his account has the funds available and then it become like cash), I get the bank mannager comming out and asks me to please come with him, ohhh sh*t, he asks me whe'd you get this from, when, what's his name bla bla, to then finally tell me that its a fradulent cheque. I was sooooooooo p*ssed off you have nooo idea. So if I deposited this cheque without making sure it was certified, I would have basically ended up sending this idiot reallllll money from my own account while I waited and waited for his cheque to go through (and it never would have)...

So be happy you get those e-mails because they are dead on obvious. My scammer was very good, but not as intellegent as mee haha it was one of those proud moments haha s*cker I winn!!!
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:26 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Can you ban Africa?
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM

WickedVegasInk is on a distinguished road

Yarp...I hate those spammer scammer emails, think I got this same one myself if I remember correctly. I have different emails accounts for work/personal/home business, etc, and get them to evry one of my email addresses. It's so annoying. Gotta laugh at these tho', can't believe they expect people to fall for this crap anymore. It's been going on for so long, and they asre still so blatantly obvious, it's hard to believe anyone would actually believe an email like this anymore.