Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Announcements and Suggestions

Old January 13th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Question Highlighted yellow unread threads/ posts?

I love this place and check in quite a lot, its a great place to talk and vent.....but one question I have is I found I have to enter the same thread twice in order for it to stop showing me the yellow spot for new posts. Why doesnt is go blue after reading the post or being in that thread one time??
Old January 13th, 2015, 06:29 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Highlighted yellow unread threads/ posts?

Good question. That happens to me too. I have learned to ignore it, so I'm not sure why but sometimes it doesn't happen. I think if I click on the subforum (i.e. Open Chat) and then the thread before reading, the thread shows up as read, but if I click on the thread itself (to go to the last unread post directly from the main page) it shows up as unread.

Has anyone figured this out?

ETA: I also notice that the yellow goes away if I back out of the thread the same way - click on the subforum at the top of the page (the part that says Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Announcements and Suggestions ---> Click on Announcements and Suggestions first, then at the next screen click on Friends and Family Forum)

Last edited by KayKay; January 13th, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old January 14th, 2015, 02:41 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Highlighted yellow unread threads/ posts?

I find it usually doesn't disappear because I've hit the back key rather than clicked new posts again.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara