Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:59 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
"tricks" your pet does

one of our cats has learned how to open our bedroom door

- when I was a kid, there was a cat (someone else's) that would ring the doorbell, then open the screen door & go into the screened in porch
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "tricks" your pet does

One of my cats has me trained pretty well. I'll ask him if he wants to dance, and he'll run over to a place in our living room (hard wood floors with a throw rug). I start "singing" and dancing The Hustle and he flops down and starts breakdancing (well, the cat version of it) on the edge of the throw rug.

Then he jumps up and runs over to the treat cabinet.

The men in white jackets are coming for me any day now....
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough

We put a wooden child gate up in the entrance to the livingroom so we could keep the dogs confined to that one room while we were out and the beagle ate it. Well, she chewed and ripped up the bottom of it enough to where she could wiggle under it and get out. So we replaced it with a metal gate and thought we'd fixed the problem. Nope, after a few days we'd come home and she'd be out but the dachshund was still locked in the livingroom. We couldn't figure out how she was getting out until one day I caught her in the act. She was grabbing ahold of the bottom corner of the gate in her mouth, lifting up and pulling back on it until it popped open. She'd run out and the gate would slam shut behind her.

We also had to replace the chairs at the kitchen table because she figured out how to push the ones on wheels around so she could get up on the table and counter.
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:41 PM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
One of my cats has me trained pretty well. I'll ask him if he wants to dance, and he'll run over to a place in our living room (hard wood floors with a throw rug). I start "singing" and dancing The Hustle and he flops down and starts breakdancing (well, the cat version of it) on the edge of the throw rug.

Then he jumps up and runs over to the treat cabinet.

The men in white jackets are coming for me any day now....
That is soooo funny!!!!
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:49 PM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhairedgnome View Post
We put a wooden child gate up in the entrance to the livingroom so we could keep the dogs confined to that one room while we were out and the beagle ate it. Well, she chewed and ripped up the bottom of it enough to where she could wiggle under it and get out. So we replaced it with a metal gate and thought we'd fixed the problem. Nope, after a few days we'd come home and she'd be out but the dachshund was still locked in the livingroom. We couldn't figure out how she was getting out until one day I caught her in the act. She was grabbing ahold of the bottom corner of the gate in her mouth, lifting up and pulling back on it until it popped open. She'd run out and the gate would slam shut behind her.

We also had to replace the chairs at the kitchen table because she figured out how to push the ones on wheels around so she could get up on the table and counter.
Sneaky Dog! As far as Untrained tricks, Hubbies Blue Tick Hound gets to come inside in cold weather. She housebroke herself. Then figured out to push open our bedroom door (always at 2 or 3 AM) and quietly whine by MY side of the bed to go out! Then, an hour later, she'll "yip" once to come back in. My Hubbie is a light sleeper, but somehow he never hears her...
Old June 20th, 2015, 01:54 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I remembered this

one of the cats my family had when I was a kid had a dog for a foster mom when we got him

when he got older he wasn't really scared of dogs, in fact he'd attack some

We once saw "Blackie" in a tree when a large dog (German Shepard size) walked under the branch he was on. Blackie jumped out of the tree and onto the unsuspecting dog's back. The dog freaked out and the cat took off.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old August 11th, 2015, 06:15 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Not a trick, it's just funny...

Our Chihuahua has a certain spot on the sofa where it sleeps. Every evening, when my wife and I are chilling out on the ID violence and murder channel the dog will jump on the sofa and go to sleep. Well, sometimes she just doesn't quite make it up there. She'll jump but fall just a little short and her belly will bounce off the cushion right back onto the floor. That'll throw her off... She'll then back up, go forward, put her paws on the sofa - apparently trying to judge what went wrong. After a few clicks of the clock she'll give it another shot. Most of the time she'll get it right the second time. Occasionally though, the second try is a fail also... At that point she'll generally give up and lay down next to the Jack Russell. Life it tough when you're only six inches tall.