Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Old December 7th, 2016, 08:18 AM

Loneliness is on a distinguished road
Unhappy My mom is being mean for a small reason?

So,me and my mom woke up at 7:30 because she was going to the bank,it took her 3-4 hours due to some problems but she seemed happy,buyed a pizza and went to the bathroom,normal,right?Well,here's where the problem starts...

She came back and asked if I combed my hair,I'm not the type of person to remenber that type of thing,especialy since my school break just started,I'm used to combing before going and ended forgetting yesterday and today,so I simply answered I forgot,then all of sudden she started to conplain that I never remenber to do anything,that she's going to set a time of how much hours I can spend on the internet,that I'm not gonna win any gifts for christmas until I learn my rensponsabilities.

Now,she may sound right,because I need to remenber my rensponsabilities,BUT my hair was long before the school break so she helped me because I wasn't managing to comb it properly,now that I cutted my hair,she should have told me that I'm suposed to do it alone because she was still combing it for me because she likes to comb hair,also,she tried to use the excuse that I din't take a shower yesterday,but honestly,I know how to reconize if I need a shower,and I wasn't in need.

Honestly,I don't know what to do anymore...why did she get so angry for such a small reason?

Small edit:Now she's acting like nothing happened.....

Last edited by Loneliness; December 7th, 2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old December 7th, 2016, 09:49 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My mom is being mean for a small reason?

Do you mind me asking how old you are?
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:18 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneliness View Post
Honestly,I don't know what to do anymore...why did she get so angry for such a small reason?

Small edit:Now she's acting like nothing happened.....
Your mother sounds like she has a lot on her mind. You are old enough to be responsible for your own grooming. However, you aren't responsible for how your mother feels. I'm sorry she was so angry with you. She might be sorry, too. Did you try to talk to her?
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:17 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Mums do get angry when kids dont do the simple things. Im a Mum with two boys who are 16 and 12 and I expect them to take showers every day at least, keep their room tidy,put the dirty laundry and dishes out and not leave them there. They also have to keep their school books tidy and put things away when finished.They must make their beds and keep their clothes tidy. While on holiday they must still shower each day and teeth must be cleaned twice a day as well. They also help me with putting the clean dishes away in the kitchen and mowing the lawn.The 16 year old mows the lawn while the 12 year old puts all the dishes away that day. If children did these simple things without being asked,parents would be happy,especially if you are old enough to do them and you know you usually have to anyway. They also have to have good attitudes and behavier and they are not allowed to raise their voices to me or speak back,if there is a problem they have to talk to me about it whatever it is calmly and with respect.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Catwoman; December 7th, 2016 at 02:20 PM.