Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Recipes

Recipes Post and rate your favorite Recipes

Old March 15th, 2017, 08:07 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Italian Roast Pork Sandwiches

I made these yesterday because of the snow day. They came out great!

I used pork loin. It's traditional to use pork shoulder with the bone it, but I prefer the leaner loin, and it's easier to slice it.

Make a rub for the loin: sea salt, black pepper, rosemary, and garlic. Trim extra fat off the loin, make cross cuts in the remaining fat, and then put the rub on the loin. Let it sit up to an hour.

In a dutch over, brown the roast on all sides in olive oil. Add thin sliced onion to the pan and put it in a 350ºF oven until the pork reaches about 150ºF.

On top of the stove, simmer a quart of chicken broth with rosemary, parsley, garlic, bay leaf and fennel. Baste the pork with this broth every 30 minutes or when the pan dries, whichever comes first.

When the pork is cooked, let it sit 10 minutes, then slice thin. Return the pork to the dutch oven, adding the leftover chicken broth.

Serve on a Kaiser Roll with sautéed broccoli rabe, spinach, or Italian long hot peppers.
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:16 PM

Rebecca is on a distinguished road
Re: Italian Roast Pork Sandwiches

I'm definitely going to try this. It sounds delicious!

I love trying new recipes.
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:23 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Italian Roast Pork Sandwiches

You'll love it Rebecca. My great-aunts used to make this for the local Italian Feasts.