Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Children

Old December 12th, 2012, 06:23 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: teen driving trend

Yay! Very good news!
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:17 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to Ms X
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

DS hasn't expressed any interest in driving now that I got the stuff he'd need to do/learn to get his premit
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes... freedom sounds awesome until you're actually confronted with the responsibility.
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:05 PM

kiwidad88 is on a distinguished road

I got my license when I was 16 and believe me my parents regretted greatly for paying for my license...I was too irresponsible and crashed twice in one month and not to mention that for one year driving my parents had paid 3,000 bucks for all the tickets I got. I personally think that when they turn 18 that's when they should start driving of course an exception can be made i f they have a job.
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:40 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidad88 View Post
I got my license when I was 16 and believe me my parents regretted greatly for paying for my license...I was too irresponsible and crashed twice in one month and not to mention that for one year driving my parents had paid 3,000 bucks for all the tickets I got. I personally think that when they turn 18 that's when they should start driving of course an exception can be made i f they have a job.
Hi kiwidad88, i think you would be the exception though. I did a straw poll on Trademe, about three-four years ago, and while not statistically sound, there were very few who had done anything worse than fender-benders while they were teenagers. Personally very glad my DD got her restricted licence at 16 and her full at 17.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:26 AM
future crazy cat lady

Sigh

DS still isn't ready to take his permit test

I've told him he'll have to do it this summer or wait until next summer (the testing place has limited hours and I'm not missing work/he's not missing school for him to test
Old April 2nd, 2017, 02:58 PM
future crazy cat lady

DS has his license!

Now mom will have to let him solo.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old April 2nd, 2017, 06:36 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! And.... good luck.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:57 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... Yep... Congrats!

scary too...