Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:32 AM

steffycastello is on a distinguished road
Stretchmarks: Pls help...

I am pregnant and want to know if anyone has had any luck with skin care for stopping stretchmarks? I have heard that some are not safe to use and can harm my baby but I am so confused by which ones are ok and actually work to prevent stretchmarks, as I happily grow into my 9 month bump!
Old January 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Lynnie is on a distinguished road
Re: Stretchmarks: Pls help...

G'day Steffy, Congratulation on the up-coming birth of your little bub ... I would ask your doctor, he or she would know the best options for the cream you seek ... some creams work for some mothers to be, some do not. You really need to get your doctors advise in regards to your concerns for your baby's health ... Enjoy your baby and motherhood ... Huge Hugs Lynnie
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and congratulations!

I have to say I think it's all down to the elasticity of your skin. Unfortunately, some people get stretch marks and some people don't and having tried creams myself I don't think there is anything to prevent them, if you're going to get them.

Creams (like Lynnie said ask your Dr for advice) can be good however for easing the itching that sometimes accompany stretchmarks.

Stretchmarks shouldn't necessarily be thought of as a bad thing. Afterall, they are part of you - as a mother, helped made by baby!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:39 AM

maximillion is on a distinguished road

OK, here's a blokes view.
I have discussed every single detail of womens bodies, with thousands of guys in hundreds of situations, over decades, so here it is; Most blokes dont even notice stretch marks, and even if they do they don't care, it's just a part of womens natural state. They're looking at the "pink bits", lol, so stop worrying about it, we don't give a stuff! It's like your fixation with your bums, lol, as long as we can play with it, we don't care what it looks like! Men really are as simple as all the jokes, when it comes to looks. We are far more complicated than you give us credit for in other areas, because we're so basic in this one. It's your classic blind-spot!
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let everyone know...

The OP of this thread turned out to be a spammer. S/he registered under another name to respond to his/her own thread with an advertisement. I'm leaving this thread up because it's a good question which is worth discussing. I just wanted everyone to know why the OP was banned.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM

kimmie52 is on a distinguished road

KayKay-how did you know this was a spammer? Just wondering
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Yes, I wonder too! how do you know, do you filter posts and delete some before they go
up?
Old March 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I have my ways.

(Don't want to publicly share though - the spammers would then figure out how to get around them which would make this forum a really unpleasant place to be.)
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:48 PM

kimmie52 is on a distinguished road

Well that was dumb of me to ask! Of course you can not share what was I thinking? That's good that you protect us form that stuff. I was on a Australian Cattle Dog forum through Yahoo and I kept getting these awful emails of course I would check them out because on the subject line it would sound real. Needless to say I no longer part of the group.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM

Not dumb at all kimmie. The experience you had with the other forum is what we try to avoid here, hopefully with some success.

BTW... it is against forum rules for anyone to "spam" you via PM (no one can access your e-mails) like they did at your other forum.

Quote:
Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using private messages to spam other members.
If you are ever contacted with a solicitation at this website, please notify a moderator. Thanks.