Old June 5th, 2010, 01:42 PM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough
Re: Letting go ... DS & me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
hey its my 400th post!!
congratulations Lizzie!
Old June 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Hey its my 400th post!!
Congrats!!

Old June 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - right now (11 pm Sat. night) I'm nervous - a storm is supposed to hit where the scouts are camping at about midnight - the last news report I saw said 50 mph winds & lots of lightning ; I'm also worried about trees in the area - a storm hit last weekend & damaged a lot of trees, workers spent the week cleaning up but... this mom worries that weakened trees may come down on the scouts.

DH tried to allay my fears but - as I told DS - a guy I dated in college told me about a "rendezvous" that he'd gone to - that someone set up under powerlines & a storm hit - so no, I don't automaticlly assume adults & older scouts use common sense.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:45 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I know the storm never hit - answered prayer

Last night/this morning as about 12:15 am -I got a call - DS wanted to come home. To make a long stroy short - I went & got him. He didn't feel well & admitted that he'd probally not drank enough water during the day. But he had a blast.

One of the guys from "Myth Busters" did a presentation/show & DS talked about it non-stop

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
One of the guys from "Myth Busters" did a presentation/show & DS talked about it non-stop
How cool is that! Glad DS is home safe and sound. DD did the same thing on her first girl scout outting. We got a call around midnight. Luckliy we live only 10 minutes from the girl scount camp. We were able to pick her up and return her for breakfast the following morning. We slept better that night too!
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM
future crazy cat lady

I'm letting DS (now age 13) make more of his own decisions (and face the rewards/consequences of his actions/lack of action).

Its hard.
Old February 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let it worry you too much. It only gets worse from here!

ODS will be 18 in a few weeks. Unless I want to become an anxious old lady, I have to trust him and our parenting.

(((hugs)))
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I have a hard time. I plucked up the courage to ask DS(9) to go to the shops on his own; round the corner and the same route he walks to school (only I am usually only minutes behind). Then my mum asked me if I wanted anything from the shops and I bottled it and let her get what I wanted.

I didn't even need what I wanted really, it was to just to test DS in independence....... and I failed miserably!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

ODS will be 18 in a few weeks. Unless I want to become an anxious old lady, I have to trust him and our parenting. quote!!

YESSSS its soo hard.

Last night youngest son 18 was out at a pre debs ball....
next youngest son was out at an Oasis concert. Not too bad hes 22!
Eldest cat went out to pee and did not return in.

So at 2.30am I got up to check where cat was and got her back in to the house.
3.30am 22yrs old comes in and informs me (as if I didn't know)_ that his youngest bro was still out!
4.10 I am ringing his mobile (cell) phone...hes on his way he says...takes a while..

4,30am before they were all in inc cat and I had lost my urge to sleep aghhhhh!

I am sleepy today.
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:54 AM
future crazy cat lady

I know this is old, but I'm still working on "letting go"

Our library has a summer reading club - where you can earn prizes and be entered into a raffel for cool stuff

I wanted DS to sign up, DS didn't want to ... I was going to make him (bad snafu), but later told him that he's old enough to chose for himself