Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old June 24th, 2010, 03:33 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation That Darn Cat

BG: DS is at my ex's & returns tomorrow; DSD was out
and
one "kitty" likes to play with the cords on the blinds - I've only seen hi do this downstrair so I didn't see any harm in it

Yesterday I was outside doing some yard work (DH was helping) & I heard a loud noise - that sounded as if it were coming from DS's room. As I knew no one was in the house I looked for crazy squirrels on the roof - didn't see any, and later forgot about it.

Last night DSD ask if we're throwing away DS's blinds. DH & I =. She said they're in the hall - I looked and they were wrecked/broken as well as a lot of stuff (ok - junk) has been knocked off DS's dresser. That's when I realized that the noise I heard must have been the cat playing whit (and destroying) the blinds.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:10 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: That Darn Cat

same cat - He thinks he's an alarm clock . IF DH & I don't get up "on time" Ghost will bat at something to make a noise that wakes me up - once I'm up he gets fed. I've inadvertenly trained him to wake me up

Old July 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

One of ours wakes us up too, snafu. He wakes *me* up by jumping on my side of the bed... on top of ME... then walking across me to DH where he wakes *DH* by snuggling up in his underarm. Gee... wish I got the snuggling and not the jumping. Once I'm up, he waits for me to finish in the bathroom, then walks me to the cat food. He's not wanting to be fed; he has a self-feeder. He's wanting me to feed the porch cat, because I always give the indoor cats a few morsels of the porch cat's food, and they like it a lot better than the healthy/diet stuff they're forced to eat.
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
same cat - He thinks he's an alarm clock . IF DH & I don't get up "on time" Ghost will bat at something to make a noise that wakes me up - once I'm up he gets fed. I've inadvertenly trained him to wake me up
It's been over a year & he's still doing this - he now gets very vocal if (heaven forbid) his royal highness doesn't get what he wants. Thing is now all the animals are getting into the act

Old July 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Bottle of water spray required on the bedside table i reckon!
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM
future crazy cat lady

He was very persistent this morning (if he can't get to you-you know, if the door is shut- he gets really loud)

so once again I reinforced (by feeding) a behavior I don't like so I could go back to sleep

Old July 11th, 2011, 03:20 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

*Groan* - we've all done it. Feeding the cat and going back to sleep is much better than staying awake and listening to the cat staaaarrrrving to death.
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:29 PM
future crazy cat lady

I had extra Welsh Cakes left over this morning - and had planned (note the past tense) on putting them in the fridge after they'd cooled. I had a killer headache & tried to take a nap.

I discovered at least one of the cats had eaten cake

(its my own fault for not putting them away ASAP)

Old September 9th, 2011, 10:31 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

One of my fondest memories is from one of the birthdays of my cat-hating Evil Sister. I can't remember what it was, but I remember being really hurt by something she had done and not being able to do anything about it since it was her birthday. The shriek she let out when she walked into our dining room and found our cat on the table eating her birthday cake.... well, that was a one of my first lessons in Karma.

Good kitty.
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:05 AM
future crazy cat lady

I got a new shower curtain for the kids bathroom. - it has tree frogs on it...huge tree frogs. Anyway - ghost got a bit freaked out - he slunk up to the curtain - was very jumpy (ran from the "frogs" when I made a niose). He tried sniffing the frogs, touching them, etc. - but once he looked behind the shower curtain & saw that there was nothing there, he was fine.