Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: That Darn Cat

BG: our male cat loves to sleep with DS (esp, since he has a heated mattress pad); this is the same cat who will "knock" to be let into/out of our room when the door is shut and will knock to get us out of bed to feed him

DS will sometimes shut the door to his room (you know where this is going, don't ya?)

Last night, in the wee hours (& do I mean wee hours) of the night gray kitty wanted in DS's room - he knocked rather insistently and became very vocal - woke DH up (& me, but I was too groggy to realize it wasn't a dream). DH got up and let his royal highness (aka spoiled brat) into DS's room so he could get back to sleep.

DS has been told that he can not shut his door anymore at night - it has to be able to open enough so that HRC (his royal catness) can have access.
Old November 11th, 2011, 02:58 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

My tabby cat liked to sleep at the end of my bed. If she wants to get out on a morning we are lying in, she will hit ME on the head till I oblige!
Cats..you would have to love them!
Old November 11th, 2011, 03:19 PM

bingobango will become famous soon enough

I love this thread.

Senior cat is a dream. Rules the World of course but is loyal and sits by me when I'm working, curls up on me if I'm poorly.

Apparently, though, when I took the new kitten into the house I opened the door to satan. He's seven months now and methodically trashing the house, has widdled in my gardening shoes, ignores me completely except to demand food and pushes the dog out of the way to get to his food, swings from the curtains, tries to jump in the fridge, I've had to kitten-proof my doors and cupboards to stop him getting into places he shouldn't be and what thanks do I get for taking him in, sorting out his healthcare and food and comfort, bowing to his every whim..... does he come for a nice cuddle on my knee? NO! The first person he goes to every time is the bf. And whose knee did he have his first kitty snooze on? The bf. And who does he rub noses with? The bf. And WHO is he asleep on the couch now with? The bf.
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny.
Old November 27th, 2011, 09:42 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

a neighbor gave us a (small) beautiful fall floral arrangement ... I love it... (& I'm not normally that "into" arrangments)

anyway - I discovered the "princess" loves it too - she'd been trying to eat it, without getting caught . I've now moved it from the table to the mantel. Now I've got a kitty who will sit on the floor and gaze longingly at the flowers
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

She can't get on the mantel?!? Anytime I get an arrangement, it goes either on top of the grandfather clock in the entry hall or on the built in shelves above the TV in the family room (I have to get a stepladder to put in up there). Those are the only two places I have found in my house that prevent my flower arrangements from becoming an all-you-can-eat salad bar for the cats.

It has gotten to a point where I don't like receiving flower arrangements. I always know that the intention is good, and the flowers are beautiful, but all it does is give me more cat barf to clean up. Given my druthers I'd pass.
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
future crazy cat lady

nope, she doesn't get on the mantel - DH doesn't call her pudge cat for nothing
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:59 AM
future crazy cat lady

They tag teamed me yesterday!

Part of my lunch disappeared yesterday... I had the pasta reheating in the oven & my roll was on my plate/the counter. I left the room and did other stuff while my food was heating. When I came back my roll was no where to found!

The best DH and I can figure out (due to the evidence) was that one of the cats nibbled on my roll (crumb trail), then knocked if off the counter... then the dog ate it (crumbs on the floor & she was still looking for more when I came back into the kitchen). btw - I was the only one home
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Awww... they were helping you with your diet.
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM

bingobango will become famous soon enough

Tag-teaming and water-pistols from this thread come together here....

I keep a little water-pistol to squirt the monster-kitten-from-the-devil's-lair with when he's doing something naughty. He hates it.

I leave it on the shelves in the sitting-room.

I come home from work, it's in chewed and mangled pieces on the bedroom floor.

My sleuthing powers lead me to deduce that:
naughty monster kitten knocked it off the shelves and tagged to dog
dog carried it upstairs to the bedroom
monster kitten and dog set to work demolishing it together.