Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old February 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: That Darn Cat

!#@$* cat

Someone was pizzing in/on DS's "hoard"/pile of stuff hidden behind the bar downstairs. And I didn't discover it until earlier this week when DS and I cleaned his carp up !!! (things is, the cat pee meant that DS had to throw some of the stuff away )

The pee, in addition to the cat barf/yak, means I'm going to be shampooing the carpet now .... rather than after the sprring/rainy season .
Old February 20th, 2012, 01:14 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday - once the carpet dried (I'd shampooed it) one of the cats yaked on my newly clean carpet ....

I still have to shampoo the other half of the basment carpet - so I'll redo that spot too.
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Our cats throw up so much that DH got me a mini-steamer for Valentine's Day one year. Yup. Need to go get it out right now, in fact...
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM
future crazy cat lady

kaykay - how well does that mini steam cleaner work?

My "clean" carpet has been yaked on multiple times and I don't want to get the "big guns" out for small spots.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

It works pretty well. The particular one I have has a bizarre spray pattern that I don't like. It sprays on a wide angle, which makes it difficult to spray on one spot (like cat yak). But, *shrug*, I make it work.
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of

I just got a Bissell Little Green clean machine for Christmas (which I asked for specifically b/c of cat yak) and I think it is the bestestest thing ever.
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM

That's the same one I have. Does your spray do a wide angle or can you do a spot treatment?
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:23 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of

Wide-ish. I guess. It's just a line of teeny nozzles. Eh, it's not too bad.

I'm easy to impress, I guess, I used to struggle with Resolve and a ****load of paper towels. the spray/vacuum thing by comparison is so awesome, I adore it.
Old March 21st, 2012, 09:50 PM

Oh, they've updated the nozzles then. Mine is just one nozzle, kind of like an aerosal can's, and the spray comes out as far as about 45 degrees from center on either side. It's doable if I hold the nozzle very, very close to the stain. Sometimes I just hold the brush at whatever angle it takes to get cleaning fluid on the spot, even if it's spraying straight up in the air on the other side.

I love my Little Green too - don't mean to sound like I don't.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
future crazy cat lady

I think I'm going to have to get one - I just now cleaned up more cat yak... again