Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old October 10th, 2014, 10:45 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: when cats yak

Our alpha male has a favorite spot too - he throws up in the hallway outside of our bedroom. I have learned to turn the light on in the hallway every morning rather than walking through barefoot in the dark.
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:44 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I've been barefoot and discovered "gifts" too
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:05 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

argh!!!

I changed the kitties food (same brand) - from indoor hairball control (1-6 yr of age) to indoor hairball control for "mature" cats (our are 10 & 11 yr). Since I did this Prinny has been yakking a lot (poor DH found 5 places where she yakked today). I'm changing the food back and have an appointment with the vet Saturday.
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:09 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - I forgot about this thread.

Last fall one of our cats actually threw up in the shape of a yak's head. Yes, I took a picture.
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:11 PM
future crazy cat lady

post it, I wanna see.
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:22 PM

I thought about it but no... just can't bring myself to post a picture of cat vomit.
Old May 26th, 2015, 06:35 AM
future crazy cat lady

one of the kitties yacked in the wee hours this morning - I slept thru it - DH dealt with it

I know there's a handheld carpet cleaner - who has one & is it preferable to using rags to clean the yak?
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:11 AM

I have one, and yes.. it is much preferable. Still, you have to remove all of the solid stuff (I use paper towels) before you can clean the carpet. TBH, I don't pull it out every time a cat throws up because I'd be pulling it out constantly. Our cats go awhile without throwing up, but then when one of them starts, it goes on for awhile. I usually let a few spots build up before I get the cleaner out.
Old June 9th, 2015, 06:50 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: when cats yak

My 3 yr old girl did it at 1am this morning, I lept out of bed to turf her outside but yick there was a couple of big blobs of it...blerk!!......I find mine do it if they eat too much......after these two have gone to the pearly gates above, no more for us.....our girls are 3 and 8.
Old June 18th, 2015, 07:26 PM

slr0031 will become famous soon enough

Ok this thread is pretty funny, and I would also like to see the picture of the yak head.