Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Announcements and Suggestions

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
I know y'all are smarter than this

Hey friends!

Just wanted to let you know that I received the following message from a new and quickly former member:

Quote:

This mail may be a surprise to you because you did not give me the permission to do so and neither do you know me but before I tell you about myself I want you to please forgive me for sending this mail without your permission. I am writing this letter in confidence believing that if it is the will of God for you to help me and my family, God almighty will bless and reward you abundantly. I need an honest and trust worthy person like you to entrust this huge transfer project unto.

My name is Mrs. Mary David, The Branch Manager of a Financial Institution. I am a Ghanaian married with 3 kids. I am writing to solicit your assistance in the transfer of US$7,500,000.00 Dollars. This fund is the excess of what my branch in which I am the manager made as profit last year (i.e. 2010 financial year). I have already submitted an annual report for that year to my head office in Accra-Ghana as I have watched with keen interest as they will never know of this excess. I have since, placed this amount of US$7,500,000.00 Dollars on an Escrow Coded account without a beneficiary (Anonymous) to avoid trace.

As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account on my behalf. I agree that 40% of this money will be for you as a foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, and 60% would be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this. It's going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original depositor of this fund so that the fund can be transferred to your account.

If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your timely response to me. This is why and only reason why I contacted you, I am willing to go into partnership investment with you owing to your wealth of experience, So please if you are interested to assist on this venture kindly contact me back for a brief discussion on how to proceed.

All correspondence must be via my private E-mail ****edited out by KayKay so I can't be held responsible for anyone falling for this scam**** for obvious security reasons.

Best regards,
Mrs. Mary David.
I hope I can rest assured that none of you are naive enough to fall for this. Scam scam scam. I find it hard to believe that she (?) would send this via private conversation to a moderator, but *shaking head* you never know. If you did get this, please delete it. Please also let me know if you got it too.

Thanks!
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I know y'all are smarter than this

KayKay, and you didn't help this poor lady! tut-tut!

I am also very sick of getting emailed security alerts from "my banks", asking me to click on a link and update my details, otherwise my account will be de-activated!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Was she dumb enough to send this directly to the Admin?

ETA: This is ridiculously funny!

Quote:
I need an honest and trust worthy person
to help her rip off her employer bank?!?

I hope nobody's greed lets them fall for this kind of stuff!
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:57 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I would forward this to the police. These type of scams are rife from that part of the world. Myvulnerable friend actually got taken in despite our pleas for her not to. So many people do get scammed.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Butterflyofspring will become famous soon enough

I 've recieved alot of messages like this on my Yahoo! mail But I deleted it
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Nearly everyday I get messages like this to my hotmail account. I just delete!

Dear Friend,

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met.

After searching through the internet. I am contacting you to let us assist children of conflict, to help children affected by war and disaster, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will Die someday. Let me start by introducing my humble self, I am Micheal James, a merchant here in England presently taking medical treatment.

Now, I have been diagnosed with Prostate cancer attitude for my health. It has defiled all form of medicine and right now, I have only about a few months to live according to medical experts. To be sincere with you, I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even that was discovered very late due to my uncaring myself but my business and money. Though I am wealthy, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world.

I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that I know my time is almost up, I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close friends. I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in Myanmar, Indonesia, China, and Africa at large. Now that my health has Deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this my self any more. I once asked Members of my family to close one of my accounts and donate the money

Which I have there to some charity organizations in Myanmar,Indonesia,China and Africa at large, they refused and kept the Money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be content with what I have left for them.

The last of my money is the huge cash deposit 30 Million Pounds that I have With a security firm. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations and let them know that it is I, Micheal James. That is making this generous donation.

I am writing this from my laptop computer in my hospital bed where I wait for my time to come. You can reply me through my private email address: ***edited out by KayKay so no one actually emails them!***
As soon as I receive your sincere response, I will hence give you all the Necessary details of how this can be done. I pray that you will support And assist me with good heart so that I can be able to achieve my goal. If you accept to help me do this, I promise you a reward of 30% of the 30 Million Pounds.

Thank you for understanding.

Micheal James.

Last edited by KayKay; August 17th, 2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: remove email address
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Lizzie, I removed the email address. I don't want scammers getting their email address out there any more than they already do.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

thanks KayKay

I didn't think it was copied with the piece!!
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM

smiley is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: I know y'all are smarter than this

hey,

i never get such emails i dont have to go back to school with that kind of money in my account (dreaming)
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

the only time I got an e-mail like that I called the police & reported it. I didn't expect an officer to show up though - she was nice & DS was excited. (it was also kind of cool that he discovered that women can be cops)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )

Last edited by snafu; August 17th, 2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: sigh - I'm still making typos after all these years