Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old September 9th, 2011, 11:05 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Odd things pets eat

Kaykay's post about a cat eating her sister's birthday cake got me thinking - what odd things have you known pets to eat/drink?

When I was a kid, we had one cat that would get into anything he could. My dad got when the cat drank drank some of his coffee.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:58 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough
Re: Odd things pets eat

One of our cats will not drink from her dish. She will either jump on the worktop and wait for
drops to fall from the water tap or she will accept water from a cup but as I said, not from her dish!
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:18 AM

Tonnie is on a distinguished road

Plastic-bags.. Bølle can't resist plasticbags. And then he throws up.
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

We have a plastic bag eater too! I learned (from a Google search) that it is believed that the reason some cats like to eat plastic bags is because of the animal tallow or corn starch (depending on which source you read) used to make them. That's about the only odd thing he eats.

I have one cat that ate cucumbers and tomatoes as a kitten and now has an affinity for spinach. He also likes baked goods - will eat crumbs of bread that fall on the floor etc.

One of my cats used to lap out of my coffee if I left it unguarded; she has stopped that but now likes ice cubes. She enjoys watching them melt, but likes to touch them with her paw and lick the resulting melted water off. She also loves spaghetti... mostly the meat sauce but she'll eat the noodles if they're cut up enough small enough for her to swallow.

Porch cat (our neighbor's cat that lives on our patio) is crazy about a particular pork dish I make called carnitas. The pork part doesn't surprise me, but the fact that it's cooked in beer with garlic and jalapenos kinda makes me wonder.

When I was growing up I had a cat that I caught licking toothpaste out of the tube. That quickly taught me to always put the cap back on!!
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

These are too funny - I thought our cat was odd (he ate a lot of things that seemd weird to me) - turns out he wasn't so different afterall

he liked

- ice tea (you had to guard your glass)
- coffee
- chips (esp. doritos)
- and would often try any snack you had (we were teens & like to lay on the floor/our beds when reading)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:13 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

When I was growing up I had a cat that I caught licking toothpaste out of the tube. That quickly taught me to always put the cap back on!!
____

Brilliant!
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM

tulips is on a distinguished road

My little kitten eats flies. Chases them, catches them then eats them.

At least we are saving on Fly Spray haha
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:13 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Poop. Why do some dogs eat poop? It's gross.

Nom, nom, nom... "Slurp..."

Old November 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM

bingobango will become famous soon enough

My dog eats poop. Bleaugh!

My kitten eats anything that he can reach but rather likes licking jam off the edge of the plate (jelly in America?)

and my older cat who is sitting on my lap as I type... when she was just a wee kitten.... well...
I was in my kitchen and heard her jump through the window with quite a thud, looked round, and she was dragging someone's fish supper in through the window after her. It was still warm.

She must have got in through their window, snatched it, then run home with it. I always laugh thinking of their face when they looked round to see they only had chips and no fish to go with it.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
future crazy cat lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
Poop. Why do some dogs eat poop? It's gross.

While I agree, I think to dogs (at least the ones in my house) kitty poo = kitty nuggets {}