Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old January 11th, 2015, 01:20 AM

memyselfandi will become famous soon enough
Re: Odd things pets eat

I used to have the goofiest Cocker Spaniel.

He was famous on getting into cupboards no matter how well they were shut and once ate an entire jumbo sized bottle of Tums.

Pooped multi colored chalk for a week.

Another time he ate half a bag of rice. It was the funniest thing as he hated to poop in the grass..used to hate to get his feet wet, so he'd poop on the deck. Everytime he'd poop after he ate that rice..it would come out whole rice and would go "swoosh" as a whole bunch of rice came out.

Best one yet involved him eating a pair of my g-string underwear. It came out whole and he decided to bring it to me after he was "finished" with it as a present.

Gee....thanks buddy!!
Old January 17th, 2015, 04:41 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
i used to have the goofiest cocker spaniel.

He (snip) pooped multi colored chalk for a week.

rofl
Old January 17th, 2015, 09:28 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Odd things pets eat

My 8 yr old torty cat eats lettuce and the frozen peas,carrots and corn you boil up in the pot.....I have never seen a cat eat that, oh and if she sees you with a yoghurt pot(single serve),she will follow you meowing asking for it, until you finish it and hold it so she can lick the rest,she doesnt mind what flavour..haha....Ive had a few cats lol.

Last edited by Catwoman; January 17th, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:38 PM

Pinksapphire08 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
Kaykay's post about a cat eating her sister's birthday cake got me thinking - what odd things have you known pets to eat/drink?

When I was a kid, we had one cat that would get into anything he could. My dad got when the cat drank drank some of his coffee.
I have a 6 month old yellow lab and whenever he eats something he isn't supposed to eat, he hides it under his tongue like a child when I try to retrieve it! Lol talk about keeping one ee on him all the time! Literally!!
Old January 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

My 8 year old torty cat is weird we have a big old pottery fruit bowl on the deck out the back filled with fresh water daily for the cats, but she either puts her whole arm into the water to drink up to the armpit, or she scoops up the water to her mouth. or she weirdly straddles the bowl with her arm stretched right out appearing to claw in big strokes on the deck so she doesnt fall in in lol......a friend said she thinks my cat has a prob with depth lol....hahaha its not a swimming pool its a fruit bowl, and shes a monster 5kg much bigger than the bowl anyway!!
Old February 12th, 2015, 04:26 AM

memyselfandi will become famous soon enough

Our Golden likes the neighbor dogs frozen doggie poops and will go digging through the snow to find them. He does the same thing over here.

For some reason, they don't like them warm, but especially delightful frozen.

Gross.

She doesn't eat them immediately, as she get scolded, but will leave them in a pile next to our back steps. I've shoveled that up and put them in the garbage countless times, but she's gotten smarter and recently started leaving them by the NEIGHBOR'S back door and runs over THERE for her snacks.

My neighbor thought maybe someone else's dog was smelling his dogs and pooping by his doorstep until we caught mine in the act, hitting up her "frozen snack stash."

Oh yeah..she also got caught digging through the kitty litter and eating "kitty poops" when I took her with me to visit a friend.

REALLY??!!!

Ugh..can't take her anywhere..lol!!
Old February 15th, 2015, 07:57 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

??? its been over a year and Ghost will still try to eat my hair

why would a cat do that
Old March 19th, 2015, 10:42 AM
future crazy cat lady

we've been pet sitting DSD's dog/puppy

last time she was here she tried to eat my specialty soaps (coffee and fruit scented), this time she's gnawed a small spot of the carpet
Old March 19th, 2015, 01:13 PM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good reason to get new carpet. Maybe?
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:49 PM
future crazy cat lady

need to wait until "M.G." (mountain goat) has outgrown the puppy chewy stage