Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old May 16th, 2012, 05:03 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation angry birds

According to some birds .... su casa es me casa

My dryer wasn't working again ... so DH was helping me diagnose the issue (as I was hoping we didn't need to buy a new one). Turns out birds had stuffed the dryer vent (& vent tube) full of grass . They've kept coming back after I cleaned it out - I finally put a mesh bag over the vent opening.
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:48 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: angry birds

At least they didn't fall in and become petrified like the one I found once. Maybe you should put up a birdhouse nearby!
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, i thought you were venting about the GAME angry birds. Its an android thing for mobile phones, and is apparently highly addictive. I've heard a few people grizzling about it, because of the time and battery power it takes up, lol.

Hope the real birds haven't burnt out your drier snafu.
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:13 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

- I know about Angry Birds via DS (he's done that & has a shirt )

and the dryer still works, I just had to come up with something so that I wouldn't need to clean the dryer out daily - I do feel sorry for hte poor birds, they found a very safe place for a nest (unless the dryer was running) - now they need to find a new one.
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

They came back & I forgot to prepare for them ; however this time when the dryer suddenly stopped drying I thought , then .... BIRDS....

I had to clean out the dryer vent twice, but covered it with a stocking , and that's worked wonders for the past few months
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:49 PM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

Hi Snafu! There is a plastic vent you can easily install on the exterior of your dryer vent, that will only open when you have your dryer running. Depending on the type of siding you have; ie: Brick, wood, etc., you have to put put two screws in it. But, as a woman who has been in construction for over 20 yrs, I recommend buying a tube of 100% silicone, and putting that on the inside lip of the vent before you screw it to the outside wall.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:28 PM
future crazy cat lady

cough, cough - we have very smart/determined birds here - they somehow get the flap open and then build (I still can't figure out how they manage to do it, as we have a sloping vent cover AND a hinged flap over the opening)
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
cough, cough - we have very smart/determined birds here - they somehow get the flap open and then build (I still can't figure out how they manage to do it, as we have a sloping vent cover AND a hinged flap over the opening)
Very SMART angry birds! At least they haven't gotten into the house. That's a fun welcome home to walk in the door and get dive bombed by a bird inside your house.
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:06 PM
future crazy cat lady

I prepared early for the birds this year. then I discovered knee highs don't work, the lint get stuck and blocks the vent - so now I have a black stocking hanging from my dryer vent (as I didn't want to buy new ones to keep the birds out)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old March 17th, 2014, 02:29 AM

justinbieber500 is an unknown quantity at this point

angry bird

Last edited by KayKay; March 17th, 2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: link removed