Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM

tp12 is on a distinguished road
miscarriage+coma=?

Hey guys so I have a question, have you /anyone you know ever had a miscarriage followed by a short coma/brain injury? Okay so my story is I had a miscarriage and after the DandC (a few week later) I get into an accident living me in a come for sometime. Now here is the thing, I am getting my periods, my Hcg has gone back to normal after the miscarriage but my periods are often veryyy lateee. As in 1 week, 2, once even 3.5 weeks late (wasn't sexually active during that time so I know that it wasn't another miscarriage). I wanted to see if anyone knew for how long this is suppos to happen? My doc said that pperiod being late after a brain injury is a common side effect. But for how long doest that go on for? Will I have problems getting pregnant later?

Tanx guyss
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute
Re: miscarriage+coma=?

Hey tp12, so sorry for your loss. - They can do a very easy blood test antwhere in your cycle to see if you are ovulating normally. Being underweight is an indicator in difficulty to conceive, as well. Good luck, hope you get there soon.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:13 AM

Hi Mrs X, do you know what that blood test is? When I go talk to my doc I'll bring up the topic. Yea when I was younger I had delayed periods but maybe that was cuz I was a skinny kid/young. They say only 30% girls get their periods regularily for the 1st few years once they get it for the 1st time. My way always late till about age 16 (got it at 13 years and 9 months, I even went for a 9 month strek no period) but this now is totaly reminding me of those "messed up period days"... We'll see I guess..
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:30 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

They measure the hormone progesterone levels. Anecdote-wise, no one i know who has had non-regular cycles has had difficulty conceiving, unless there were other issues.

The HGC levels they were measuring for you are due to pregnancy, they take ages to drop back after a miscarriage or birth. I don't think they affect your chances of getting pregnant once you recover though.

Last edited by Mrs X; August 3rd, 2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Can't spell, had to google!
Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:02 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs X is giving great advice. In my earlier years, I routinely skipped every other month. I had no trouble conceiving then.

You should also be aware that stress, which includes emotional stress caused by changes in schedules, living arrangements, and illness is the #1 reason for the delay of periods.

You've been under stress for so long. If you are still concerned, please consult a doctor.
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM

Awsome thanks so much for the info!

Yea stress... Haha u get use to it after a while, till something else comes up :|