Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old December 25th, 2012, 03:22 AM

davros is on a distinguished road
xmas

To me it is just consumerism at it's worst.

Which of the spoilt brat ferrel kids has the most expensive present,and joining together on xmas day to be with people who you really would not pass the time of day with in the street.

Alas dear xmas,good idea at the time-but now just a money making machine by the ELITE.

Hope it gets an RIP soon......
Old December 25th, 2012, 08:39 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: xmas

Wow, davros. That makes me very sad for you. My experience is very different. For me, Christmas is a time of joy and celebration.

I certainly hope that the Christmas I celebrate - the actual religious holiday - doesn't RIP anytime soon at all.
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:24 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really enjoyed X-mas when I was a kid.

DM always made sure we got things we needed (new bed sheets, new pj's, I could have done without the socks though .... except when we got the fuzzy toe socks), some stuff we'd enjoy (a new outfit, some toys), and of course rading our stockings at ... uh... 4 in the morning .

I enjoyed spending time with our cousins in g-ma & g-pa's tiny house out in the country, running thru the woods, if the (very shallow) pond was frozen over we slid on the ice.

The X-mas where twin & I did the best for DM - we got her everything on her list (all household stuff-like a laundry basket ), and then some. DM is tall - I'd tried on clothes of her's at home, noted where they hit me, then twin & I went shopping & bought a beautiful outfit in her own taste for her. DM was .

I loved X-mas with my ex's family too ....
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM

davros is on a distinguished road

Don't get me wrong i loved xmas as a kid,everything seemed so innocent,simple presents ect-NOW in the UK after the bank holiday on aug 31st every year it is LITERALLY rammed down your throat,left right and centre.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Coach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davros View Post
To me it is just consumerism at it's worst.

Which of the spoilt brat ferrel kids has the most expensive present,and joining together on xmas day to be with people who you really would not pass the time of day with in the street.

Alas dear xmas,good idea at the time-but now just a money making machine by the ELITE.

Hope it gets an RIP soon......
Christmas, like everything in life, is what you make of it.

I happen to not view it as you do at all. For me Christmas is a time of joy, peace, family, love, giving and so much more.

My wife passed in 2005 a week before Christmas. For some time I was sad, bitter, angry, etc. It became a depressing holiday for me and a time of year I dreaded. It took a while but eventually I was able to not associate the Christmas season with dysphoria and instead see it for its true meaning once again.

Hopefully you will one day again see Christmas for what it really is and meant to be.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

Vince Lombardi
Old December 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Coach, I am so sorry for your loss.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:36 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Coach, thank you for sharing with us. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:37 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

Sorry for your loss Coach.

To me Christmas is a wonderful time, a time of joy, of being with friends and family.
I am sorry Davros that you feel the way you do and hope that some day you can look past all that "consumerism".
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

What goes up must come down.

I was dusting today and I saw all this dust on my window sill next to the Christmas tree. Then I realized the dust was moving. They were spruce spider mites. I took the decorations off the tree. DH took the tree out to the curb and I vacuumed up all the needles and mites.

But DH doesn't want me to put anything else away.