Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM

mommyT is on a distinguished road
Re: Baby names-- boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I liked the name Hunter, but when paired with Christian (DS's middle name) and our last name (ex's) it would have been the source of many jokes. (As bad as a girl being named "Ivy Gardener" or a boy being called Richard/?ick Little)

I also like the name Caleb James
Thats funny that you like "Hunter" and "Caleb", my sister just had a baby and his name is " Caleb Hunter".

I have two boys, and I am not one for "very" traditional names, but I also don't want them way out there either... My oldes (8) his name is Caiden and my 3 year old, his name is Gavin. Gavin isn't very common, but it is an older name (or at least that is what my Grandma says).

But I origianlly heard the name from Gwen Staffani's husband (and he is so cute!), but come to find out that the Mayer of San Fran. is named Gavin, and some older actors.
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:05 AM

grubby will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyT View Post
Thats funny that you like "Hunter" and "Caleb", my sister just had a baby and his name is " Caleb Hunter".

I have two boys, and I am not one for "very" traditional names, but I also don't want them way out there either... My oldes (8) his name is Caiden and my 3 year old, his name is Gavin. Gavin isn't very common, but it is an older name (or at least that is what my Grandma says).

But I origianlly heard the name from Gwen Staffani's husband (and he is so cute!), but come to find out that the Mayer of San Fran. is named Gavin, and some older actors.
It depends on where you live. I love the name Gavin and there are 2 kids in my twin's pre-k class named Gavin.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Black Box is on a distinguished road

I like Max, but hate Maxwell or Maximilan.

My ex wanted the name Ruben. Nah....

His name was horrible, I thought it was a joke. Milton Rudolph--the Rudolph after Rudolph Valentino who died the year his father was born and who made my ex-GMIL's heart beat faster, even after she'd given birth to 12 children.

Little boy names are so different these days. It seems there are no more Tims and Davids and Mikes and Johns.

I like George, but am the only one.

I would have named my second son Aaron, but it rhymes with our last name. I decided to use it only if I had quints: Aaron, Sharon, Karin, and Darrin. I didn't have quints.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Black Box is on a distinguished road

I found a name that website can't register: Dodie. We had a neighbor growing up who's name was Dodie, she was a twin with her brother David. What is Dodie short for, do you suppose.

I also grew up with a boy named Byron Livermore who got teased terribly--he was once told his name meant he was born in a hole in the ground. And I knew a guy named Bartholomew Heiny. He had poor social skills.
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of

I think Dodie is usually short for Dorothy.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:55 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisHeathenHoney View Post
I think Dodie is usually short for Dorothy.
Or Deidre
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

I have an odd name and I love it. I always get compliments on it, it was my grandmothers name. I also happen to love odd names I have girls (neices) in my family named Kaylea and Ayla (remember clan of the cave bear).

My bf has a girls name, Ashley and he wants to name our first son Sonny. I told him we'd see. My favorite book is River God and I like the name Tanus for a boy, he is the hero of the book. I would like to name our daughter after me, since I was named after my Grandma so it seems alright to me, but I have had people tell me it is not alright to name your child after yourself. I have never been one to go with society though so we'll see.

Nothing rhymes with my name and my name is soo odd that I have NEVER had a nickname, no one ever made fun of my name in grade school. So there are some pluses to having a weird name.
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM

OliviaKoti is on a distinguished road

Looking to see how you like the following names:

from 1-10, where 1 is 'hate it' & 10 is 'love it'.

Erik
Henry
Dario
David
Andy
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:26 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to attach sentiment to names due to people I've met with the names

I like Dario, as one of my DH's players by that name was good to my DS.
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:07 AM

tp12 is on a distinguished road

DH and I agreed that we will give all our kids international names as we do not know where they'd like to live when they grown up, Canada or homeland (where their roots are from). What I consider an international name for example is: Filip (with the "F", not "Ph" as that is pronounced all wierd in other languages), Maria would also be an international name. DH and I do want a traditional name. We both like the idea of naming our child after one of the tzars or princesses, but then again, lots of children are named after them... Many parents chose to name their child a "neutral" name so other (especially in war torn countries) do not know the religion or ethnic background of the family as this to this day is more important than what degree you have, how educated you are, etc... People thing naming a child is easy, its not, not from where we come from, you seriously have to think about it. DH and I agreed that we will just not name any of our kids after a relative in either family. If we were to do this, that's a recipe for disaster among the inlaws. We don't need to have to defend our choices/decisions.

I donno how you will end up deciding, but if I was in your position I'd go with a nname that's easily pronounced in other tarts of the world, english as being the world wide language, followed by Spanish.
Good luck!