Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Recipes

Recipes Post and rate your favorite Recipes

Old November 3rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: cooking faux pas

I may need to stay out of the kitchen, I've had two faux pass in two days

I made a cake from scratch and the batter was yummy, but I over cooked it so it was dry (but not burned).

I made savory scones and um.... lets just say I ended up with batter everywhere ( naw ... I wasn't the one who overturned the pan, it was the cat, I swear .... don't you believe me)
Old March 6th, 2015, 03:12 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

bwaaaa - guess who discovered that butter can (and will) explode in the microwave
Old March 6th, 2015, 03:15 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
bwaaaa - guess who discovered that butter can (and will) explode in the microwave
Oh yeah. Done that.
Old March 6th, 2015, 05:14 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. I used to zap it for a few more seconds when there was an unmelted blob in the middle. Now I have learned to just let it sit for a while and then stir it with a spoon to melt the blob.
Old March 10th, 2015, 06:38 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? Messy?

I remember my DD thought she could hard boil and egg in the microwave once. It didn't work.

My mother, when she was living with us, was microwaving a TV dinner and messed up the time. She sat down in the living room waiting for the dinner to cook. Well, she fell asleep. I came in from outside and saw that the inside of the microwave was on fire.

My other DD used to use it as a timer. She also learned you have to take the aluminum foil off the bowl when you reheat leftovers.
Old March 10th, 2015, 12:02 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

My friends elderly Mum once tried to make her some dinner, she was in her 80s then. Well my friend said Mum whats this interesting coating on the chicken??, after a closer look che concluded it was uncooked raw rice she had dipped the piecs of chicken in egg and then the rice and deep fried it...hmmmmm???
Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:30 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
OMG, never happened to me? OMG....what a mess, huh?
Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:31 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman View Post
my friends elderly mum once tried to make her some dinner, she was in her 80s then. Well my friend said mum whats this interesting coating on the chicken??, after a closer look che concluded it was uncooked raw rice she had dipped the piecs of chicken in egg and then the rice and deep fried it...hmmmmm???
lol.....
Old April 29th, 2016, 08:19 PM
future crazy cat lady

DS just had one ... but thankfully DH and I were there to tell him to re-read the directions

he about put frozen cinnamon roll dough in warm water to thaw with the coating/icing!

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 21st, 2016, 09:04 PM

skyisthelimit is on a distinguished road

lol have you never seen your mom wash veggies?