Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old June 27th, 2014, 06:27 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
What is that smell!

I went to the basement last night and there was this horrible stench.

I told DH that I thought we had a sewer gas issue in the basement. I couldn't find any leaks, and I was worried that there could be a problem in the street.

He told me that he had already smelled it and thought something died down there. He had taken the flashlight but couldn't find an animal.

We opened windows with the plan to call the plumber today.

Then ODS came down. He pointed to a wrapped piece of meat on a table next to the freezer. "Someone" cleaned the freezer out and apparently missed something.

I tossed the meat. The problem is that it's a lot of hot and humid days until the garbage trucks come. I hope no one calls the cops before then!
Old June 27th, 2014, 08:09 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is that smell!

I hope your trash cans aren't kept close to an open window at your house!
Old June 28th, 2014, 02:06 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

The queen of house work here, if it is not too bad, i wrap it carefully and fully, and put it in a ziplok bag, then put it back in the freezer until closer to the time when it can be thrown out.

There was a fishhead once though that was way beyond that - a dog must have found it somewhere and left it near us - and we used the same approach, but with lots of air fresener between lots of layers of wrapping, and put it out of the way on a ledge up high behind the shed. That one was going nowhere near my freezer!
Old June 29th, 2014, 10:32 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way that meat was going back in in my freshly-cleaned freezer.

I just found out the neighbors are away this weekend. It works out.
Old June 29th, 2014, 11:56 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
There is no way that meat was going back in in my freshly-cleaned freezer.

I just found out the neighbors are away this weekend. It works out.

Old June 30th, 2014, 07:26 AM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

It's unfortunate you already disposed of it. I could have given you my neighbors address and you could have mailed it to him.
Old June 30th, 2014, 03:42 PM

I can't imagine how horrible it would be to open up that box!
Old May 18th, 2017, 11:33 AM

SunnyMay is on a distinguished road

It's horrible...