Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old January 7th, 2015, 03:12 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
new "diet"

My new diet is to eat healthier/eat less processed foods.

breakfast = 4 oz yogurt, approx. 3 oz fruit (yum strawberries) and 1/3 cup granola

snacks = apple slices and cheese

lunch = left over main dish from the night before & 2 servings of bell peppers and dip

supper = no/few processed foods (I'm not making tortillas when we have tacos)

and I'm drinking lots of water

week 1 = 1 lb lost
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:12 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: new "diet"

Well done, snafu! No processed foods is a great goal. Even with tortillas, you can find ones that are more authentic/less processed.

And already a pound down!!!
Old January 10th, 2015, 09:59 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Well, after all the yummy food from the holidays and all the candy and fudge it was easy to lose it first pound cuz I wasn't eating all that good high calorie stuff anymore.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:58 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

I had started by cutting out all desserts and sweets and takeaways. I have lost 1.5kg since Jan first already.
Old January 17th, 2015, 04:31 PM
future crazy cat lady

little late posting

week 2 - another pound lost, for a total of 2 pounds
Old January 17th, 2015, 09:02 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: new "diet"

Ive now lost 3kg since 1st Jan....not eating any rubbish or bad stuff...I just curb my sweet craving with a bit of fruit.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
future crazy cat lady

week 3 - a total of 3 lost (now weighing 152 lbs)

hope I can keep it up

(formula for how much water to drink: your weight /2 = ounces; so for me 152/2= 76 ounces of water each day or 9.5 cups)
Old January 28th, 2015, 07:23 PM
future crazy cat lady

week 4 - didn't lose any this time, holding at 152 pounds ( DH and I ate out a few times over the weekend and, well.... I've had a few cokes )
Old January 31st, 2015, 08:05 AM
future crazy cat lady

a co-worker I had last year was including chia seeds in her diet to help with weight loss (I looked chia seeds up on either WedMD or the Mayo clinic web site, it didn't mention weight loss, but other health benefits).

Anyway - I'm going to try it for 3 months (according to the medical site that was a good time frame- due to possible side effects). Right now I'm trying to find what amount works for me without issues.

2-3 tablespoons/1 ounce is recommended, but was way too much for me - even though it worked. 1-2 teaspoons doesn't do much, so I'm up 1 tablespoon now.
Old February 6th, 2015, 03:13 PM
future crazy cat lady

week 5 - I want a new scale .... due to my weight shifting from 150 and 153 and back (multiple times) on Wednesday. I reweighed myself Thursday & today and got 150 lbs. both times