Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old April 15th, 2015, 10:44 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of
Re: getting rid of stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
^which is why I stay faaaaarrrrr away from Craigslist.
yeah, whenever I hear about Craigslist, it scares me...while there might be lots of good people, in a radio discussion about it, I had heard horror stories....its a free paper, and attracts a lot of low life looking to rob you....
In my area, there were 2 episodes of people getting beat up by trying to sell their cars on Craigs List, so please be very careful...they suggest meeting people at a police station....due to all the problems/crime.
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:45 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
snort - knot - how 'bout we trade places

I dropped the first load of at goodwill today

should have the next load ready soon
well, it makes someone very happy when they can buy your donations for less....so, your doing good!
Old April 15th, 2015, 01:32 PM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
snort - knot - how 'bout we trade places

I dropped the first load of at goodwill today

should have the next load ready soon
NO! Please... NO MO' JUNK!

I think I'm developing an allergy to junk...

You know... The other day my wife asked me to get a red ribbon for her. She said it was in her closet. So I went to her closet and didn't find it. So I went to her other closet in the other bedroom and didn't find it there. So I went to her hallway closet and didn't find it there. She comes in and asks me why I didn't find it. I said I didn't know which closet it was in. She said it was in her downstairs closet where all her other ribbons were. Gee... I should have known.

Last edited by Knot2loud; April 15th, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 06:02 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I dropped off another 6 bags of stuff before New Years (ok 3 bags were on New Year's Eve )

- I'm going to start cleaning rooms top down, and getting rid of the un-used stuff/junk from each room. I still have the china from my first wedding - and the matching accessories, plus the wine glasses, etc.

I'm ready to let go of things now; I'm really looking forward to having space in my kitchen cabinets.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 4th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you. My theory is that if you don't use it and/or don't like it, get rid of it.
Old January 7th, 2016, 01:53 PM
for President

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to our garage sale this spring. We have lots of junk/stuff to put in it.

It's amazing how much stuff we can accumulate over time.
Old January 8th, 2016, 07:04 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not .... you just have to be ready to let go (and make the effort to get it out)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 11th, 2016, 07:20 AM
for President

Scam on Craigslist... I placed an ad on craigslist for a glass top stove. I received one reply (email). So I emailed the person back (twice) and instantly received the exact same email (below).

Quote:
I came to visit my daughter that just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy so i wont be able to meet with you any longer but am ok with the condition as seen on the advert, I'll proceed in issuing a Check out to you and when you received the check , I will make arrangement for pick-up. So get back to me with below details asap.More so i don't mind to pay you additional $20 to withdraw the advert for you to see how serious i am in the transaction

Name:
Address Not Po box:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:
Last Asking Price:

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you and i will let you know when its mailed out. I need you to be honest with the sale as I am a God person. Thanks
Gheesh... Gimme a break. Freaking scammers. So this guy wants to pay me $20 more to cover the cost of advertising (which is free). Is willing to pay "overnight" postal fees for a used stove. Asks for a "postal code" instead of a zip code. Wants the last asking price for an item on craigslist.

What a worm...

I'm pulling my ad.
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:49 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
Scam on Craigslist... I placed an ad on craigslist for a glass top stove. I received one reply (email). So I emailed the person back (twice) and instantly received the exact same email (below).

Gheesh... Gimme a break. Freaking scammers. So this guy wants to pay me $20 more to cover the cost of advertising (which is free). Is willing to pay "overnight" postal fees for a used stove. Asks for a "postal code" instead of a zip code. Wants the last asking price for an item on craigslist.

What a worm...

I'm pulling my ad.
That's awful! I'd rather donate things to the Rehome store than deal with the scammers anymore.
Old January 11th, 2016, 10:33 AM

in two more years, I'm going to be retiring, moving and downsizing....so in the meantime, I've got a lot of stuff...I need to clear out...so I've decided to donate most of it to Good Will...it's what I'd like to do...I've got all kinds of things that needs to go, so I thought I'd start early....

Good bye all collections and stuff....lol